Answered By: Laurissa Gann Last Updated: May 25, 2017 Views: 178
In 2016, the Research Medical Library was awarded $1.1 million dollars from The University of Texas Permanent University Fund (PUF) / Library, Equipment, Repair and Rehabilitation (LERR). These funds will be used to create additional group study rooms; an open, collaborative workspace; enhance seating and add after-hours badge access. These updates are based on library user feedback collected through surveys, focus groups, and library user requests.
Construction Begins in May (approximately 4-6 months):
- We will temporarily move our collection of print books offsite for approximately 3 months in preparation for the renovations. A small collection of print books (including SHP textbooks) will be kept on hand. Ask for info at the front desk!
- May 8: New library hours: 7:30am - 6:00pm
- Half of the library will be closed.
- 16 public computers available
- Classroom open for public use
- Laptops available for checkout
- Three study rooms available to book.
- Some study carrels will remain.
Construction will begin in May of 2017. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at RML-Help@mdanderson.org or 713-792-2282.