Answered By: Laurissa Gann
Last Updated: Mar 27, 2018     Views: 39

Authors should ask their publisher to submit to PubMed Central once their paper has been accepted for Publication. They should also cite their NIH grants or the CCSG grant when writing their paper. If the paper is already published and it needs a PMCID, authors should: 

Here are some e-mail templates you can use to contact publishers or authors to assist in the NIH Public Access Policy compliance process:

1. Ask publisher to deposit paper:

2. Ask corresponding author for final author version of manuscript

3. Next steps for authors when paper is submitted to NIHMS 

4. “Nudge” authors for stalled articles awaiting their approval (be sure to enter correct eRA Commons ID; bullet items may change depending on circumstances):

Live Chat

Have a Question? Ask a Librarian!

Call: (713) 792-2282
Text: (281) 369-4872
Visit Us: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 21

Related Topics