Answered By: Laurissa Gann Last Updated: Sep 14, 2017 Views: 368
This varies on a title-by-title basis, and is determined by agreements with individual publishers. Discount availability for the following popular titles is as follows:
OPEN ACCESS PUBLISHING DISCOUNTS
- American Chemical Society Journals The American Chemical Society offers discounts to MD Anderson authors because the Research Medical Library subscribes to the Web Editions of "All ACS Publications." There are different price levels depending on if the author chooses to make the article available immediately or wait 12 months and whether the author is an ACS member. See discount details.
- BioMed Central. Based on our "supporter" membership status to this open access publisher, our patrons get a 15% discount on article submission fees and journal subscriptions. This discount is automatic if the submitting author's computer is within MD Anderson's IP range. If needed, our account number is IN-1070811. Here's a list of included journals.
- British Journal of Cancer MD Anderson authors receive a reduced rate open access fee because we have an institutional subscription. See discount details.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) MD Anderson authors recieved a discount when publishing in PNAS because the Research Medical Library has an institutional subscription. See discount details.
- Science Advances MD Anderson authors receive a 15% discount on fees to publish in this open access journal. When paying article processing charges, select the "apply discounts" option to select your affiliation. See discount details.
- SpringerOpen Journals & eBooks MD Anderson authors receive a discount on articles submitted to SpringerOpen Journals or eBooks. A 15% discount on fees to publish in open access eBooks is available. Submit your manuscript from an MD Anderson IP address and the discount will automatically be applied. See discount details.
- BMJ Case Reports. The Library's subscription to the journal includes an institutional fellowship. The Fellowship Code for MD Anderson is 919155.
JOURNAL/PRODUCT SUBSCRIPTION DISCOUNTS
- Cell. Because we have an institutional site license, our patrons can get a free electronic subscription (see here).
- Papers / Scopus. Papers is an application on the Apple Macintosh platform to access and manage citations and documents from a database such as Scopus. If prompted, use the following Scopus account ID: C000059728 (or 59728).