Answered By: Laurissa Gann Last Updated: Jul 28, 2017 Views: 80
MyNCBI saves searches and results from multiple NCBI databases, including PubMed. MyNCBI users can save their citations with the "My Bibliography" feature and can manage peer review article compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy. MyNCBI includes additional features for filtering search results, highlighting search terms, and setting preferences.
Registering with MyNCBI
- From the library homepage, click on "PubMed".
- Click on the "Sign in to NCBI" link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on the link to "Register for an NCBI account" (below the blue "Sign In" button).
- Enter an alphanumeric username (3 or more letters or numbers) and a password (6 or more characters). Passwords are case-sensitive.
- Enter an e-mail address.
- Choose a security question and answer so you can use it to reset your password.
- Below the Security Question, you will see an image with 5 characters. This step is to prevent automated programs from registering accounts.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from NCBI; confirm your registration by clicking the link provided. After confirming your e-mail address, you can start setting up automatic e-mails for search alerts.