Answered By: Clara Fowler
Last Updated: Jun 18, 2018     Views: 92

The University of Texas System has purchased an Annual Copyright License with RightFind Academic.  This license permits the reuse of most text-based content for electronic course content as well as for coursepacks, classroom handouts, library reserves, e-mail, research collaboration, and administrative communications.  This license covers most academic and research uses of content, but it does not cover interlibrary loan, commercial document delivery, promotion and advertising, and cover-to-cover copying.  The RightFind Academic license is separate from the complex licenses that provide access to journal content and are managed by the Research Medical Library at MD Anderson. 

To see if the article you wish to post for your students is covered under the RightFind Academic license, search for the journal title at


Review the license in the "How can I use this copyrighted content?" box. 


If the journal is not covered, select "View more uses" where you have an option to purchase copyright permission under the Price and Order options.


For an excellent overview of copyright and fair use, visit the Stanford Fair Use & Copyright Center.

Live Chat

Have a Question? Ask a Librarian!

Call: (713) 792-2282
Text: (281) 369-4872
Visit Us: Pickens Academic Tower, Floor 21

Related Topics