Answered By: Laurissa Gann Last Updated: Dec 06, 2021 Views: 783
This varies on a title-by-title basis, and is determined by agreements with individual publishers. Discount availability for the following popular titles is as follows:
Read & Publish Agreements
The Research Medical Library has paid fees to the following publishers to allow our users to freely view content and allow our authors to publish in their journals without Article Processing Charges (APCs) upon completion of the peer review process and acceptance for publication. Authors will automatically receive this benefit when identified by the publisher as having an affiliation with the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Cambridge University Press Journals - Includes over 380 currently published peer reviewed journals.
Portland Press - Includes the journals Biochemical Journal, Clinical Science, Bioscience Reports, Neuronal Signaling, Biochemical Society Transactions, Essays in Biochemistry, and Emerging Topics in Life Sciences.
OPEN ACCESS PUBLISHING DISCOUNTS
- American Chemical Society Journals The American Chemical Society offers discounts to MD Anderson authors because the Research Medical Library subscribes to the Web Editions of "All ACS Publications." The discount is $250 off Article Processing Charges, and it will be automatically applied when accepted. More info here.
- BioMed Central. Based on our "supporter" membership status to this open access publisher, our patrons get a 15% discount on article submission fees and journal subscriptions. This discount is automatic if the submitting author's computer is within MD Anderson's IP range. If needed, our account number is IN-1070811. Here's a list of included journals.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) MD Anderson authors received a discount when publishing in PNAS because the Research Medical Library has an institutional subscription. See discount details.
- SpringerOpen Journals & eBooks MD Anderson authors receive a discount on articles submitted to SpringerOpen Journals or eBooks. A 15% discount on fees to publish in open access eBooks is available. Submit your manuscript from an MD Anderson IP address and the discount will automatically be applied. See discount details.
- BMJ Case Reports. The Library's subscription to the journal includes an institutional fellowship. The Fellowship Code for MD Anderson is 919155.
JOURNAL/PRODUCT SUBSCRIPTION DISCOUNTS
- Cell. Because we have an institutional site license, our patrons can get a free electronic subscription (see here).