Answered By: David Farris Last Updated: Jun 17, 2020 Views: 15
The Library is unable to provide assistance with creating or editing FIS profiles (library staff don't have access to the FIS platform).
All FIS training materials are available on the FIS Support Center webpage (located on the navigation pane under "Training and Support").
Essential Training Resources:
- The FIS Training Video (45 min.) is a comprehensive training tool. Note: the database has been revised somewhat since this recording, but the information is still applicable.
- Faculty Information System (FIS) Help is the complete user's guide to FIS.
Resources for Specific Topics:
- To obtain and remove access to faculty CVs, select the Staff Access to Faculty CVs link in the FIS Access section.
- The PubMed Import Process (Word document) is a set of written instructions for importing publications from PubMed into FIS.
- My NCBI Search (Word document) shows how to set up PubMed notifications for new articles published by a specific faculty member.
- The FIS Survival Guide Video (25 min.) includes how to map a custom CV to institutional standards, helpful resources, navigation tips and tricks, and best practices for CV maintenance.
- The External Faculty Profile Video (9 min.) demonstrates how to populate and publish the faculty profile on the MD Anderson external web site.
- CV Content Training (PDF) helps users understand what types of information can be entered into which fields in FIS.
- The new NIH biosketch format instructions are contained in short videos targeted to a particular task:
- Create a new NIH biosketch
- Add a Personal Statement
- Add a Contribution to Science
- Associate Products with Contributions
- Change Order of Products
- Add URL to Complete Published Work
- Use Output Editor to Add Contributions to a Biosketch
Note: FIS works best with the Explorer Web browser. For more information, see the FIS Tips and Tricks document (linked below), or contact FIS Help (FISHelp@mdanderson.org) for questions or technical issues.